With almost everyone stuck at home and… well, running out of things to do, here’s (another) good news: The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York City in the US is offering free online courses that will help you emerge from the Covid-19 pandemic not only with overgrown hair (or ill attempt at a buzzcut) but with a more sophisticated appreciation of art.
There are nine classes freely available via Coursera, an online learning platform that hosts more than 3,900 massive open online courses (MOOC) and specializations:
- Fashion as Design
- In the Studio: Postwar Abstract Paining
- What is Contemporary Art?
- Art & Ideas: Teaching with Themes
- Art & Inquiry: Museum Teaching Strategies For Your Classroom
- Seeing Through Photographs
- Art & Activity: Interactive Strategies for Engaging with Art
- Modern Art & Ideas
- Sheying (taught in Chinese)
Get a glimpse of some of the classes:
These courses range in length from 12 to 38 hours and can be completed at students’ own pace.