Entries to the Main Competition of the 2019 Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Festival are being accepted until November 24, 6:00p.m., at the CCP Media Arts Division, Cultural Center of the Philippines, CCP Complex, Roxas Blvd., Pasay City.
The Cinemalaya Main Competition is a competition for full-length feature films.
Required materials for submission are:
- Duly accomplished 2019 Entry Form (please see attached entry form). This form may also be downloaded from www.culturalcenter.gov.ph or www.cinemalaya.org.
- Synopsis in Filipino or English (1 page, 12 pts font size, not more than 300 words)
- Detailed sequence treatment (between 50 – 60 sequences, double space, 12 pts Courier, letter-sized bond paper, 1 inch margin all around)
- Resume of proponent
- Two (2) recent photos of proponent (2 in x 2 in)
- Sample of a short film between 5–20 min. in DVD format, directed by the proponent.
All entries must be submitted in six copies in a long brown envelope properly labeled with the proponent’s name, title of film entry, and contact details.
The sheets containing the synopsis and detailed sequence treatment must not bear the name of the proponent. Full scripts will not be accepted.
Entry forms, mechanics and guidelines may be downloaded from www.cinemalaya.org
Established in 2005, Cinemalaya is an all-digital film festival and competition that aims to discover, encourage and honor cinematic works of Filipino filmmakers. It has supported and promoted the production of 145 full feature independent films and 130 short films. Many of these films have won awards in local and international competitions and festivals. Through the annual festival, Cinemalaya has showcased over 1,000 works by independent filmmakers including full feature films, shorts, documentaries, Filipino film classics, and art films.
Cinemalaya is a project of the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP) and the Cinemalaya Foundation, Inc., in partnership with the Ayala Malls Cinemas.
For more information about Cinemalaya, visit www.cinemalaya.org, www.culturalcenter.gov.ph and the Cinemalaya facebook page (Cinemalaya@CinemalayaOfficial ) or CCP Film Office at telephone number 832-1125 locals 1705 & 1712 and the CCP Box Office at 832-3704.